my trip to magic wings。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

A Butterfly eating                              Butterfly on my shoulder

   Holding a Butterfly                                                  Magic Wings Conservatory Trip!
For Valentines day my boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory! We heard great reviews about it and thought it would be nice to go and visit. I would definitely suggest that other people go there, it's a great experience and I think it brought a level of calm down on me. It helped me to forget what was going on in my life, and when you walked through the doors it was like another world. The place is beautiful, it's indoor, but in a big tent that is heated and made to look like the outdoors. There were small ponds, sidewalks, and trees so high, and everywhere you looked there was a butterfly flying throughout the air. There was also a separate room with glass cases that had different types of bugs and amphibians. I had not been there before but it was a really good first experience. When we were there we first walked around looking in all the cases with amphibians in them. My boyfriend loves frogs so that was his favorite part! We then went into the actual conservatory section. I felt immediate calm come over me seeing all the butterflies flying around me. At first I was a little nervous because of the crazy amount of butterflies, but it truly was amazing. There was one couple there that we noticed numerous times. They both were covered head to toe with butterflies, it was like someone was with them. I definitely think spirits can turn into butterflies, my grandma being one of them. I really didn't want to leave without a butterfly landing on me, and right after I said that one did. It was so moving to see that happen. Once the butterfly opened it's wings we saw that it was my grandmas butterfly and my boyfriend said to me "See Ashleigh, your Grandma is with you".

The foliage in the conservatory


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post about your time at the magic wings conservatory! the part that resonates with me the most is the part about your grandma, that was so sweet and I also relate to this. I've never been to a place like this so the idea of the butterfly’s being free was really interesting to me. I also really like the photos you took, they're beautiful and it looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I accidentally posted before I was done lol.) It is always nice to get a reminder every now and then of the loved ones we have lost. I like that you found this a calming experience. I love being able to do nature things like this because I find them calming as well. I cannot believe you actually got to hold the butterflies and I will definitely be looking into going this summer! Thank you for sharing this experience and how it made you feel, I think more people can relate than you might think.

      Delete

Post a Comment